Same as the first part but a bit better in every way, the story is a bit richer, it is more intense because there are more people involved and it is a lot bloodier and much more disturbing. There are a few bad scenes but not too bad to ruin the experience. If you liked the first movie and you generally like this type of horror movies it is a must-watch.
Synopsis - SPOILER ALERT
One year has passed since the events of the first film Wrong Turn (2003), the second part starts with Kimberly (Kimberly Caldwell) driving trough mountains of West Virginia where she was supposed to compete in a ''Survivor''-like a reality television show. Kimberly is running late and talking on a phone with her agent complaining about the show and its location, suddenly she hits someone with her car. Visibly shocked, she runs out to help the man out, but as she leans over to see how he is, Brother (Clint Carleton) grabs her and bits her lip off. As she is trying to get back to the car and escape, the surviving cannibal from the fist movie, Three-Finger (Jeff Scrutton), cuts her with an axe in half vertically, her guts splash out and two cannibals each drag half of her body away. The reality show Kimberly was going to attend is called "Apocalypse: Ultimate survivalist" themed as it was happening at the end of the world. The host of the show is retired military commander, Dale Murphy (Henry Rollins), he made all of the attenders give up all of their communication devices. Soon after the show begins the whole family of deformed inbred cannibals starts to hunt all of the participants. Soon all of the contestants realize that they are now really fighting for their survival because their enemies are fighting not for money or fame but for the food and they are the feast. Who will survive this ruthless hunt?
The director of Wrong Turn 2: Dead End (2007) is Joe Lynch, who isn't a big name in the horror movie world but he did a good job here.
• Did you know that Eliza Dushku, who played Jessie Burlingame in the first film, was supposed to be in the opening scene and not Kimberly Caldwell?
• The director Joe Lynch told that for this film 300 gallons of blood were used.
• The only actor who returned from the first film was Wayne Robson, who played the old man at the gas station.
• The movie was shot in only 25 days.
• In previous versions of the script, the two survivors of the first part, Jessie Burlingame (Eliza Dushku) and Chris Flynn (Desmond Harrington) should return in this film.
• Did you notice that the second part of the Wrong Turn series is the only film, without any drug use.
If you like this movie, we recommend these: