The second part of the series continues where the first part ended. It is a really shocking and creepy movie with a high tension that keeps you on your toes. This part is a very good addition to the first one and if you want to enjoy the surprises and twists you have to watch the first one. Both movies are perfect for a creepy zombie horror night and definitively a must watch!
Synopsis - SPOILER ALERT
Back to the apartment building in the city of Barcelona, where a demon-like plague has broken out. Now the special police task, Grupo Especial gde Operaciones, force led by Dr. Owen (Jonathan D. Mellor) sent to the building to assess and control the situation. The building is in quarantine and no one is allowed to get in or out. The group finds a laboratory in the attic with many references to the Vatican and the Church and suddenly they heard screams from below. Then they were hunted by a woman who behaved like a zombie and bit the police officers Martos (Alejandro Casaseca), who also turned into a zombie. The others managed to lock themselves up in a room where Dr. Owen nailed a rosary to the door and said a prayer until Martos calmed down. Dr. Owen explains that the residents are possessed by demons and that he wants to try to produce an antidote but therefore he needs the blood of Medeiros (Nico Baixas / Javier Botet), the girl that was possessed first.
Directors of this movie are Jaume Balagueró and Paco Plaza they also worked on [Rec] (2007), [Rec]³: Genesis (2012) and [REC] 4: Apocalypse (2014). The three writers of [Rec] are Jaume Balagueró, Luiso Berdejo, and Paco Plaza. [Rec] had won a total of 5 awards and was 3 times nominated. It won the Gaudí Award in the category Best Sound, Best Film Editing, Best Special/Visual Effects, and Best Make-Up and Hairstyles.
• Did you know that the actress Manuela Velasco, who played the tv representer, Angela, is in real life a real tv representative in Spain?
• The second part of the series had a much bigger production than the first part and employed over 300 extras.
• The helicopter sound that you can hear during the movie was not a real helicopter. The sound was created by the team because they could not effort a real helicopter.
• Did you know that the actor that played the Special Forces team had intensive training to learn how to use firearms?
• The building where the movie was shot is the Cedimatexsa building, Rambla gde Catalunya, 34 at the Eixample district in Barcelona. It is often visited by fans.
• Have you noticed that Manuela Velasco wears the same clothes from the first part of the series?
• All people standing outside the building including the SWAT team and the police are no actors but real people.
• [Rec]² had a budget of $5.6 million and grossed around $18.4 million worldwide.
If you like this movie, we recommend these: