Insidious Chapter 3 is a bit less scary than first two movies. It is playing hot and cold with tension, there are moments when you forget that you are watching a horror movie but at the same time there are some really scary parts. Visual and sound effects are very good like the first two chapters and the story is effective.
Synopsis - SPOILER ALERT
Quinn Brenner (Stefanie Scott) lives with her father Sean (Dermot Mulroney) and her younger brother Alex (Tate Berney) in a housing complex in Chicago. Quinn is a young lady, who is interested in a career as an actress, tries with the help of Elise Rainier (Lin Shaye) to contact her dead mother Lilith Brenner (Ele Keats). However, the contact failed because Elise is haunted by a demon in the form of an old woman, who had repeatedly predicted that she would die by the hand of the demon. After the attempt failed, Quinn is being followed by an evil spirit, who tries to kill her. Her father can save her every time but he realizes that he needs help and orders the ghost hunters Specs and Tucker (Leigh Whannell and Angus Sampson) to capture the demon.
The third part of the Insidious Series was released in 2015 and was nominated like its predecessors very often. In 2016 the movie was nominated for the "Saturn Award" by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films for the best horror film. Moreover, it was nominated for the "Empire Award" for the best horror. In 2016 the movie received the "iHorror award" for the best horror sequel. The director of Insidious 3 is Leigh Whannell, who worked as an actor in Saw, Insidious Series and The Bye Bye Man. He also directed The Invisible Man.
• Did you know that this part of the Insidious series has several references to the paranormal beings from the first two parts of the series?
• Since James Wan was director of Fast and the Furious 7 at the time Insidious: Chapter 3 was shot, he was unable to work as a director on this film. However, he was briefly seen as a theater director at Quinn's audition in the 16th minute.
• The story of this movie takes places in 2007, while the first and the second part take place in 2010.
• For Leigh Whannell, who plays the paranormal investigator Specs and is also the writer of the movie, was this the directorial debut.
• This movie had a budget of $11 million and grossed $113 million worldwide. It, therefore, performed slightly worse than its predecessor.
If you like this movie, we recommend these: