It seems like the producers have been listening to their fans. The sequel is not a typical home invasion thriller anymore, which makes the movie more interesting and exciting. It can be predictable some times but the movie got everything what people were trying to look for in the first movie. In short, this movie is better than the first one and a must watch in this marathon.
Synopsis - SPOILER ALERT
In 2023, exactly one year after the first part the NFFA (New Founding Fathers of America) conducts the annual purge, where every crime including murder is legal. Eva Sanchez (Carmen Ejogo) rushes home from work to barricade her house and protect her terminally ill husband Rico (John Beasley) and daughter Cali (Zoë Soul) from the upcoming purge. However, they don't notice that Rico sneaked out of the house because he sold himself to a wealthy family for $ 100,000 as a purge victim to help his family live a better life with the money. At the same time, Shane (Zach Gilford) and Liz (Kiele Sanchez) go to Shane's sister to tell her the couple will get a divorce. On the way there the couple broke down and noticed that someone had cut the fuel line. They cannot reach anyone by phone and the couple is forced to flee on foot as the purge starts in 45min. Simultaneously, Sergeant Leo Barnes (Frank Grillo) heads towards downtown heavily armed for revenge on the man who killed his son.
The director of this movie is James DeMonaco, who also worked on The Purge (2013), The Purge: Election Year (2016) and The First Purge (2018). The Purge: Anarchy was nominated a total of 9 times and one 3 of its nominations. It won the ASCAP Award in the category Top Box Office Films, the Golden Trailer for Best Teaser Poster, and the iHorror Award for the Best Horror Remake/Sequel.
• The Purge: Anarchy takes place from March 21 to March 22, 2023, so exactly one year after the first part.
• Did you know that the couple you can see in the movie played by Zach Gilford and Kiele Sanchez are a married couple in real life?
• Have you noticed that you can not hear the name of the Sergeant? His full name is Leo Barnes and you hear his name the first time in the third part of the series The Purge: Election Year
• Frank Grilo, who played the Sergeant in the first and second part of the series, loved so much the car that he was driving in the movie that he tried to get the car in real-life but he was not able to buy it.
• The Purge: Anarchy had a budget of $9-11 million and grossed around $111 million worldwide.
If you like this movie, we recommend these: