Really good mysterious home-invasion slasher which doesn't take long to get started. This movie has a lot of turns and surprises and won't get boring. A terrifying, high tension slasher, which is an absolutely MUST WATCH!
Synopsis - SPOILER ALERT
Paul (Rob Moran) and Aubrey Davison (Barbara Crampton) are organizing A family reunion to celebrate their wedding anniversary with their grown-up children in a country mansion. the first ones to come to the country mansion are Crispian (A.J. Bowen) and his new girlfriend Erin (Sharni Vinson). Soon the rest of the family arrives as well and the party starts. A bit later, while they were dinning, siblings start to argue and old sibling rivalries begin to resurface. Their parents preference became apparent very quickly. As tension builds up, an bolt shot from a crossbow breaks the window and smashes in which starts the panic. The family realize that they are under attack. What the family doesn't know is who are the invaders wearing farm-animal masks, and why are they trying to slaughter everyone in the house? Soon they realize that their attackers are on a ruthless mission of murder. No one in the house is safe as the blood starts to splash all over the place. But Crispian's girlfriend Erin doesn't want to give up and she is determined to see the light of down. Erin has got the survival skills and the courage to fight back their attackers and soon everyone realizes that she is the most talented killer of all.
The director of You're Next is Adam Wingard, he is also known for his work on V/H/S (2012), The Guest (2014), Blair Witch (2016) and many more. The writer of this movie is Simon Barrett. You're Next was nominated a total of 20 times and won 11 of its nominations like the Horror Jury Prize for best horror actress (Sharni Vinson), best film, best director, best screenplay, and many more.
• Did you know that the actor Simon Barrett, who played the Tigar Mask killer, is also the screenwriter?
• The actor Sharni Vinson, who played Erin, and Wendy Glenn, who played Zee, were roommates and best friends before and after the shooting.
• Have you noticed that a total of 15 people were killed in the movie?
• At the end of the movie, you can see a corpse, lying on the floor, breathing for the whole shot.
• The first location where the movie was shot was an antique house that had been empty for over 12 years.
• Sharni Vinson, who played Erin, is the only character that survived in this movie.
• Did you know that this movie had a budget of only $1 million and grossed around $26 million worldwide?
If you like this movie, we recommend these: