Annabelle Comes Home is the third iteration of Annabelle series of horror movies. By the whole experience it is somewhere in the neighborhood of Annabelle the original movie. Annabelle Comes Home is equipped with tons of shocking scenes some of which are less predictable than the others but the story behind the movie is simply poor. If your goal is to be scared it is a good movie to consider watching and a must watch if you are a fan of The Conjuring universe movies.
Synopsis - SPOILER ALERT
To prevent the Annabelle doll from doing even more damage Ed (Patrick Wilson) and Lorraine (Vera Farmiga) Warren locked the creepy doll into a sacred glass in a room full of unholy artifacts in their home. Moreover, the doll gets blessed by a priest regularly to prevent the unholy from outbreaking. After the Warrens have to investigate in another case overnight, they called their babysitter Mary Ellen (Madison Iseman) to take care of their daughter. Suddenly, Mary Ellen's friend Daniela (Katie Sarife) arrives uninvited to the Warren's, who does not believe in the paranormal. Daniela starts to sniff around the room with the unholy artifacts to try to contact her dead father. Then she abruptly left the room and forgot to lock the glass where Annabelle is inside and the horror takes its course.
It is the first time that Gary Dauberman directed a movie after he had written The Conjuring Universe spin-offs, Annabelle (2014), Annabelle: Creation (2017) and The Nun (2018). He also worked on movies like Are You Afraid of the Dark?, It Chapter Two, The Nun and many more. The writers of Annabelle Comes Home are James Wan and Gary Dauberman. The movie was only nominated a total of two times for the Saturn Award in the category "Legion M Breakout Director" and Fright Meter Award in the category "Best Costume Design" and did not win any of these awards.
• Did you know that two months before the release of Annabelle Comes Home, the real investigator Lorrain Warren, who was portrayed by Vera Farmiga, passed away?
• Did you know that the Warrens had their own occult museum in Monroe, Connecticut, where you can find the real Annabelle doll and all the other artifacts from the movies and the real-life cases?
• Have you noticed that Judy Warren, who is played by Mckenna Grace, was watching a TV show, where a little girl receives a Raggedy Ann doll as a gift? For your information, the real Annabelle doll is also a Raggedy Ann doll!
• Annabelle Comes Home starts right after the end of the first Annabelle movie from 2014.
• This movie had a budget of $27-32 million and grossed around $231 million worldwide.
If you like this movie, we recommend these: