The second chapter of the Insidious movies is a really good continuation of the story from the first movie. With it’s terrifying jump scare scenes, ground breaking tension and great sound effects it's a very scary paranormal horror movie but also a really good thriller. If you liked the first movie you MUST watch this one too.
Synopsis - SPOILER ALERT
After Dalton (Ty Simpkins) has been rescued by his father Josh (Patrick Wilson) and the deceased medium Elise (Lin Shaye) the family seeking refuge at the house of grandmother Lorraine Lambert (Barbara Hershey). They thought they were save now but again strange things started to happen. Dalton noticed the increasing danger and shortly after the demon succeeds in taking possession of Josh and orders him to kill his whole family. Meanwhile, Lorraine seeks for help from the investigators Specs (Leigh Whannell), Tucker (Angus Sampson) and Carl (Steve Coulter), who worked with Elise. Together with the deceased Elise they found out that the demon is the former patient Parker Crane, who was abused by his own mother (Danielle Bisutti) in the childhood. During his lifetime, Parker Crane dressed up as an old lady and killed young girls in this outfit. The investigators try to overwhelm Josh, while Dalton and Elise enter the parallel world to find the real Josh.
The second part of the Insidious Series was released in 2013. The Insidious: Chapter 2 was nominated a total of 16 times. It was nominated for example, for the Golden Schmoes- and the Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Award for the best film. Unfortunately, they have not won any of these awards. The director of Insidious: Chapter 2 is James Wan, who also brought to us Insidious (2010), he is also known for The Conjuring Universe, Lights Out (2016), Saw and many more good horror movies. In 2013, he was nominated for the "Fright Meter Award" for the best director. The writer of the movie is Leigh Whannell, who also plays the paranormal investigator Specs.
• Did you know that the majority of this film was shot in the Linda Vista Community Hospital in Los Angeles, California, where also more than 30 horror movies, tv series and music videos were shot?
• During the film, you can see the director James Wan on a computer wallpaper with the two paranormal investigators Specks and Tucker
• In Elise's house there is an African painting which you can also see in Paranormal Activity 2 and 3.
• The first and the second part of the Insidious series shares similarities with the Poltergeist movies from 1982 and 1986, where the fathers were possessed by paranormal beings
• The movie had a small budget of just $5 million and grossed $161.9 million worldwide, so $62.9 million more than the first part.
If you like this movie, we recommend these: