The last chapter of the Insidious movies is almost like the 3rd Chapter. It isn't as good as the first two movies and the tension isn't continuous. However, there're a lot of creepy parts and good jump scares, which will scare you for sure. We recommend to watch this movie to complete the story.
Synopsis - SPOILER ALERT
In 1953, the young Elise Rainier (Ava Kolker) lives with her parents Audrey and Gerald (Tessa Ferrer and Josh Stewart), who is a prison executioner, and her brother Christian (Pierce Pope) in New Mexico. After Elise claims that she sees the ghost of the prisoners, her father started to beat her and looked her in the basement. Suddenly, a demon named "Key Face" appears, possesses Elise and kills Audrey. Decades later, Elise (Lin Shaye) works as a paranormal investigator with her colleague's Specs and Tucker (Leigh Whannell and Angus Sampson). Then she got called from a client named Ted Garza (Kirk Acevedo), who had experienced paranormal activities in his home, and needs help now. First, Elise refuses to accept the case since the client lives in the same house where she grew up. Finally, she changes her mind and travels with Specs and Tucker to New Mexico where a demonic presence is waiting for them.
The fourth and last part of the Insidious Series was released in 2018. This movie was only nominated 6 times by the "Golden Trailer Awards" for the best horror, best horror tv spot, best voice over tv spot, most original tv spot, best horror poster, and the best opening title sequence of closing credits for a feature film. The director of the final part of the Insidious Series, Insidious: The Last Key, is Adam Robitel, who also worked on The Taking of Deborah Logan and Escape Room. The writer of the movie is Leigh Whannell, who also plays the paranormal investigator Specs.
• In Elise's former house you can see a gas mask which is used in the first part of the Insidious series by Elise and Specs to communicate with the paranormal?
• "Fallout" was the codename for that movie.
• The movie was shot in Five Keys, New Mexico. Interestingly the demon in the movie has five keys for fingers.
• At the beginning of the movie you can see that the demon tells Elis to open all the doors, so that he can cross over into the real world. But later, Elise opened only the red door and leaves it open and the demon could enter.
• This movie had a budget of $10 million and grossed $167.9 million worldwide. If you look at the earnings, this was the most successful part of the Insidious series but the worst in terms of nominations and awards.
If you like this movie, we recommend these: