You shouldn't expect much of this movie. Sinister 2 is trying to bring back the elements from the prequel, like the creepy tapes but the implementation didn't succeed. The whole story is weak, flimsy and recycled. The child actors were really bad and the adult actors didn't do well also. If you want you can watch it to complete the sinister series or to see more disturbing videotapes from Bughuul.
Synopsis - SPOILER ALERT
The same story with a different family. Courtney Collins (Shannyn Sossamon) moves with her two children Dylan (Robert Daniel Sloan) and Zach (Dartanian Sloan) in an empty house after she broke up with her abusive husband Clint (Lea Coco). The little nine-year-old Dylan is plagued by nightmares and sees other children including Milo (Lucas Jade Zumann), who lures him into the basement to watch mysterious tapes on a Super-8-projector, where different families were killed. The situation is getting worse after his little brother Zach found out about it and starts to beat his brother because he is jealous and wants to be better than him. What both do not know, is that the children work for the Bughuul (Nicholas King) and entice new children to kill their parents and siblings. After the incidents of the first movie the former deputy So & So (James Ransone) began to investigate in these cases and finds out about the Bughuul and now he tries to save the family from death.
The new director of Sinister 2 (2015) is Ciaran Foy, who worked on Enter the Darkness (2012) and also directed one episode of the series The Haunting in Hill House in 2018. Scott Derrickson, who directed the first movie worked as a co-writer together with C. Robert Cargill, who also wrote the first movie. Sinister 2 was only nominated only three times and won one of its nominations: the Golden Trailer Award for the best motion poster.
• Did you know that Nicholas King, who played the Bughuul, put the Bughuul on his license plate?
• Did you notice the painting in the Professor's office, which shows the red faced demon from the Insidious: Chapter 1?
• Have you noticed that you never get to hear the real name of Deputy So & So? Neither in the first movie nor in the second.
• Did you know that the name of the demon Bughuul can be translated to Boogeyman?
• The actor Dartanian Sloan, who played Zach Collins, lost a tooth during shooting.
• The environment, where the movie takes place, is an homage to Stephen King's "Children of the Corn".
• Sinister 2 had a budget of $10 million and grossed about $54 million. It obviously has less success than in the first movie.
If you like this movie, we recommend these: