Don't Breath is a movie that literally takes your breath away. The tension is build up slowly, gets really tough and continuous! Moreover, it contains a few shockers and twists, which are really good. There is no time to rest while watching. We highly recommend you to watch this movie!
Synopsis - SPOILER ALERT
To escape her abusive mother Ginger (Katia Bokor) and her alcoholic boyfriend Trevor (Sergej Onopko), Rocky (Jane Levy) plans to move to California with her little sister Diddy (Emma Bercovici). However, she needs a lot of money to fulfill her dream. Therefore, she earns her money with the two other petty criminals Alex (Dylan Minnette) and Money (Daniel Zovatto) by breaking into houses together and selling the stolen goods afterward. One day they get a tip that an old, blind war veteran (Stephen Lang) is hiding an astonishing $300,000 in his house. He got the money as compensation after a woman named Cindy Roberts accidentally ran over his daughter several years ago. The group decides to disregard the man's circumstances and decide to break into his house to look for the money. Before they started their break-in, they drugged the man's dog so that he wouldn't make any noise. After that, Rocky smashes a small window to get into the house. The three petty criminals search in vain for the money when they suddenly find a locked door behind which they suspect the money. Money starts to shoot on the lock of the door and thereby wakes the man up. Despite his visual impairment, he recognizes the situation, skillfully steals Money's pistol, and shoots him with it. The petty criminals are now stuck in the house of the blind old war veteran and the situation gets completely out of control. The cat and mouse game begins!
The director of Don't Breath is Fede Alvarez, who also worked on Evil Dead (2013). The writers of this movie are Fede Alvarez and Rodo Sayagues, who also worked with Fede Alvarez on Evil Dead. Don't Breath was nominated a total of 21 times and won 7 awards such as the ASCAP Award for the Top Box Office Films, the Golden Schmoes award for the Best Horror Movie of the Year, and much more.
• Did you know that the movie was originally titled "A Man in the Dark"?
• Have you notices that Stephan Lang, who played the blind man, had only 13 lines of dialogue in the whole movie?
• The combination of the Blind Man's safe is 2978, which is the birthday of the director Fede Alvarez, who was born on February 9, 1978.
• The dog of the blind man was played by three different dogs.
• The exterior shots of the house were filmed in Detroit whereas the interior shots were made in Pomaz, Hungary.
• s it pure coincidence that the street where the old man lives is called "Buena Vista", which means "Good View" in Spanish?
• Don't Breath had a budget of $9.9 million and grossed about $157 million worldwide.
If you like this movie, we recommend these: